Unconscious Bias Training
WHAT THIS COURSE COVERS:
Through this session, participants will learn to:
- Define and understand the terms “Unconscious Bias”, “Diversity”, “Sensitivity”, and “Inclusion”, and the impact of each on the workplace.
- Understand how unconscious bias works, including how the mind operates outside of conscious intention.
- Describe what an un-biased, inclusive workplace looks like and its benefits to all employees and the overall organization.
- Recognize how their own unconscious bias may be limiting innovation and inclusion within their teams.
- Identify different types of bias within the workplace (including implicit bias), and how these biases impact both working relationships and work product.
- Understand and identify the dangers of different stereotypes associated with age, race, culture, ethnicity, physical ability, educational background, socioeconomic status, appearance, sexual orientation, and gender identifications and the role these false assumptions play in the areas of personal biases and prejudice.
- Recognize the outsider vs. insider dynamic and resulting false assumptions to help overcome personal biases and prejudice.
- Understand the issues of “group think”.
- List the components of the law at play included Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
- Explore how embracing diversity and inclusion in the workplace can affect bottom-line business results.
HOW TO SCHEDULE YOUR TRAINING:
This class may be delivered as either a one-to-one training session or private group event at the location of the client’s choosing. Content and duration will be customized depending on client needs. This course is often paired with OperationsInc’s Anti-Harassment and / or Diversity & Sensitivity Training.
For more information, or to schedule your training event, please contact us at (800) 307-5513 or Training@OperationsInc.com.
Our Training Team will travel to all 50 states, as well as internationally, to provide our world-class training services.