Web-Based Unconscious Bias, Diversity, & Sensitivity
OperationsInc can provide this critical training online in a way that closely mimics an in-person classroom environment. All training content is developed to fit the unique needs of your organization and is delivered by a live trainer in an interactive forum.
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, OperationsInc has suspended all in-person learning events and has moved exclusively to an online environment.
Our repackaged web-based programs are available at discounted rates through August 31, 2020.
Our team has been delivering live, interactive training events via Zoom technology for several years, and our training team can support your efforts to continue employee learning on a remote basis.
Our customized Diversity & Sensitivity training programs maintain the integrity and impact of our in-person sessions and provide the opportunity to supply training to employees now, while they may be otherwise less productive working from home.
What This Course Covers:
Each course can be specifically tailored to fit your precise needs, both in terms of content delivered and course length. The general curriculum for our Unconscious Bias, Diversity, and Sensitivity courses typically include:
- The positive impacts diversity and inclusion have to a business’s bottom line.
- Methods to build and promote a healthy workplace culture and how to shift workplace environments towards inclusivity.
- Bystander intervention training.
- Negative impacts tied to unconscious bias and stereotyping by gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, parental status, etc.
- Federal, state, and local laws surrounding workplace discrimination and harassment, including protected classes.
- Current events at the forefront of the news cycle impacting government and business response to today’s environment.
- Actions and behaviors which are classified as workplace harassment, and why they must be avoided.
- Steps to take when harassment or discrimination occurs within the organization, whether as the victim, bystander, or individual performing the complaint intake.
- Retaliation and protections given to those who report negative incidents and / or cooperate with an investigation.
- Specific issues (as directed) that your individual firm is facing, along with strategies to address them.
This training course is also available in a one-one-one coaching format and can be presented by a bilingual trainer for Spanish speaking employees.
Please contact us at training@OperationsInc.com or (800) 307-5513 for more information about our Unconscious Bias, Diversity, and Sensitivity Training.