Unconscious Bias, Diversity, Sensitivity, Harassment, and Respect in the Workplace
This interactive session is designed to enable participants to embrace diversity through understanding and respecting others’ differences, and to increase awareness of tolerance, sensitivity, and respect in the workplace.
This session will also introduce the issue of Harassment Awareness and Prevention, covering the laws in place and the importance of the perspective of the victim vs. the intent of the source. Through open and candid discussion and activities, we will explore and assess behavior, personal biases, assumptions, and stereotypes. Upon completion of this session, participants will be better equipped to identify and address sensitive situations more cohesively and reduce the potential of discrimination related issues and liabilities.
Live, interactive, and engaging training has been continuously recognized as one of the most effective ways to educate teams, influence behaviors and corporate culture, and limit employer liability.
Who Should Attend This Course:
- Employees who want to learn how to effectively deal with diversity and sensitivity issues at work.
- Due to the interactive nature of this training, there is a maximum capacity of 20 participants per session.
The content of this course meets Anti-Harassment Training requirements set forth by the states of Connecticut, California, and New York.
What This Course Covers:
Through a blend of lecture, group discussion, and interactive hands-on activities, participants will learn to:
- Define “Sexual and Other Forms of Harassment,” “Diversity,” “Sensitivity,” and “Inclusion” and the impact of each in the workplace
- Describe what an inclusive workplace looks like and its benefits to all employees and to the organization
- Identify all factors of diversity including gender, race, language, culture, age, differing physical ability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, appearance, class, socioeconomic status, educational background, and job experience
- Understand the role false assumptions play in personal biases and prejudice
- List the components of the laws at play, including Equal Employment Opportunity
- Identify strategies to approach, discuss, and value differences to appropriately address workplace conflict
- Explain the business case for diversity and understand how embracing diversity and inclusion in the workplace can affect bottom-line business results
This training course is also available in a one-one-one coaching format, and can be presented by a bilingual trainer should your team require course content be delivered in Spanish
HOW TO SCHEDULE YOUR TRAINING:
All classes are available to be scheduled as private sessions for your firm. Course content and duration may be customized depending on client needs.
Please click here for information on our Diversity & Sensitivity Training for Management.
Have questions? We’re here to help. Reach out to us at (800) 307-5513 or email us at Training@OperationsInc.com.
Our Training Team will travel to all 50 states, as well as internationally, to provide our world-class training services.