Terminating one’s employment carries liability of varying levels for an organization. The steps you take from decision to communication all represent opportunities for mistakes to occur, and these missteps could lead to business disruption, additional costs, and possible lawsuits.
OperationsInc offers clients expert guidance via both onsite and offsite support, through the entire process, helping businesses complete a critical and delicate task while also managing their liability.
HOW WE DO IT:
Termination Process Management:
- Your dedicated HR consultant(s) will review the circumstances that have led you to determine an employee termination is the next logical step.
- We will review all possible concerns and issues, helping determine next steps to address your goals while also limiting your company’s exposure.
- We will guide you through the development of liability limiting paperwork, such as performance management documentationand work product documentation.
- We will develop the Termination Packet (or augment / critique existing materials), including a termination letter, benefits information, and unemployment documents.
- Our team will develop processes and execute a checklist of items from the termination notification to the last day of employment, ensuring that the process is choreographed to cover all necessary and advised steps.
- We are available as needed to assist and execute all administrative steps related to termination of employment including COBRA and other benefits issues.
REDUCTIONS IN FORCE:
(for situations whereby 2 or more terminations tied to a layoff, or similar, are occurring):
- OperationsInc will develop and execute a plan for your Reduction in Force, including analyzing those selected against all relevant risk factors, the preparation of a timeline, assistance in the development of all necessary documents (such as those related to severance policy and calculations), and scripts for employee notification meetings.
- Our team can facilitate support from an employment lawyer to ensure all legal matters are reviewed, including Separation Agreements.
- We will send a team onsite to choreograph reduction events, including conducting / overseeing termination meetings in person on-site anywhere in the United States and internationally, in addition to holding simultaneous meetings in multiple locations.
- Our expert resources can coordinate and/or provide outplacement services for your firm to provide to terminated employees.
To learn more about OperationsInc’s Termination Services, contact us at info@OperationsInc.com or 800-307-5513.