Internship Programs – Development, Design, & Training
OperationsInc and its team of Human Resources Consultants offer a complete range of services to help your organization establish a successful and legally compliant Internship Program, from program development and design, to training your team on how to best select and manage an intern resource.
HOW WE DO IT:
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT & DESIGN
The following outlines a typical client engagement, whereby OperationsInc will work with the client to:
- Establish program goals and objectives.
- Determine the program’s educational goals as it relates to each intern.
- Identify and recommend departments / areas where interns will be a fit.
- Define intern roles and corresponding job descriptions.
- Craft ideal intern candidate profiles and required / desired skillsets.
- Establish recommended compensation structure(s), including options for paid and unpaid interns.
- Act as client liaison with select colleges and universities tied to securing appropriate course credit credentials in lieu of compensation.
- Strategically profile and select schools that are most likely to possess desired intern candidate pools.
- Outline sourcing strategies, including best means for reach out to educational institutions (e.g. career centers, Deans, and Professors).
- Assist client in the management and administration of intern candidate selection (see Training section below for additional information).
- Structure Internship Program schedule, including “buddy systems” and the proper mix of productive work vs. experiential learning.
- Navigate transitional planning tied to the conclusion of internship assignments.
- Explore career path options for select intern roles, including the development of a timeline from intern engagement through offer of full-time employment.
- Build (as needed) a systematic and formal Campus Recruiting Program for future internship openings and intern needs.
INTERN SELECTION & TEAM MANAGEMENT TRAINING
We can teach your team the best practices and methodologies for intern candidate sourcing and selection, and successful Internship Program management.
This training program will educate leadership and those in intern management roles on how to:
- Effectively interview and select intern candidates.
- Develop and structure a balanced intern learning experience.
- Establish an effective means of intern performance assessment.
- Transition intern roles and candidates toward future full-time employment.
- Manage full and part-time intern resources.
To learn more about OperationsInc’s Internship Program Development, Design, and Training Consulting Services, contact us at info@OperationsInc.com or 800-307-5513.