Communicating Compensation Programs to Employees
Even if a business has a competitive, above market compensation strategy and benefit plan offering in place, failure to properly communicate total reward packages to your staff and job candidates can lead to the inability to attract talent and retain employees.
Properly communicating compensation / benefit related information to employees can:
- Improve employee morale
- Motivate employees and increase productivity
- Reduce disappointment and adjust employee expectations
- Avoid employee relations issues
- Inform employees of all the benefits and incentives available to them
OperationsInc can assist your firm in effectively communicating compensation packages to candidates at time of job offer, as well provide guidance on techniques for effectively communicating compensation changes to current employees tied to new plan rollouts, promotions, merit increases, or the introduction of new plan components.
HOW WE DO IT:
The following is an outline of a typical client engagement, whereby OperationsInc will:
- Work with your team to identify the most important pieces of each type of compensation change.
- Present best practices tied to the communication of each, with the goal of finding monetary valuation for each piece, as well as the best means for clear explanation of all components.
- Coach / Train your leadership team on how to effectively deliver the message, including documenting the steps and role playing.
For more information about OperationsInc’s Compensation Communication Services, please contact info@OperationsInc.com or 800-307-5513.