Employee Handbooks – Building and Maintaining a Complete and Compliant Manual
There has never been a time in this country’s history where HR issues were so much at the forefront. The Federal and State governmental bodies are more aggressive than ever when it comes to efforts to educate the population on employment law matters, as well as ensure that businesses in the US are complying with established legal guidelines. One of the best ways to do this is to have an updated and legally compliant Employee Handbook that is issued to all of your employees. But with all the changes in the law and with such a challenging climate, how does a business do this completely and correctly?
In this fast moving and highly informational webinar, we will cover in concise, simple terms:
- The Employee Handbook – Why you should have one and how it can protect you.
- The Core Contents – A review of the key policies that should be present within your book.
- How to State Your Policies – Ways to write your book to ensure your message is heard while maintaining flexibility from the company’s perspective.
- What to Avoid – Policies you should stay away from, as well as language you want to eliminate.
- The Latest Changes – A review of the policies that have changed in the past year due to legal updates, new laws, or updated best practices.
- On the Horizon – Areas that could change or need to change within your book in the coming year.