If you feed them… will they stay?
A recent survey conducted by OperationsInc has found that hte employee perk valued most by employees is access to free snacks and drinks at the office.
The survey also found that 56 percent of businesses polled offer their employees free food and drinks, with that number increasing to 70 percent among businesses with fewer than 50 employees.
The survey asked participating companies which of the below “fringe” or other types of benefits they offer employees, with the following results:
- Over 56% of participating companies provide snacks and drinks to their employees.
- Close to half of respondents provide tuition reimbursement benefits.
- 40% of respondents provide transit benefits – this benefit is required for companies in NYC who have over 20 employees.
- Only 8.8% of participating companies indicated that they don’t provide any fringe benefits.
- Some of the other benefits that participants mentioned include 529 college savings account matching, onsite carwash, and barber.
To learn more about what other types of fringe benefits companies are offering, please click here.
For more ideas of low to no cost benefits to offer employees, join our next webinar on June 13, 2018 by clicking here.