The U.S. Department of Labor has issued five new FMLA certification forms, which incorporate recommended language pursuant to the Genetic Information Nondisclosure Act (GINA). While employers are not required to use the DOL forms, they are required to convey to employees all of the information communicated through the forms.
The five new forms are:
- Employee’s Serious Health Condition,
- Family Member’s Serious Health Condition,
- Qualifying Exigency for Military Family Member,
- Serious Injury or Illness of a Current Servicemember
- Serious Injury or Illness of a Veteran.
Employers should immediately replace the forms currently in use with the new forms.
For more information, please click here.