As organizations continue to experience record high voluntary employee turnover, experts encourage employers to adopt high impact offboarding strategies to “manage the resignation tsunami”.
The Association for Talent Development (ATD) outlines the top ten benefits of implementing an impactful offboarding process. These benefits include identifying toxic work environments, ensuring access to knowledge retained by exiting employees, and reducing future turnover.
According to TD Magazine, 10 strategic goals for high-impact offboarding are as follows:
- Reduce future turnover
- Identify toxic work environments
- Strengthen your employer brand
- Provide future recruiters
- Contribute to business results
- Refill vacant positions with better talent
- Get key employees to reconsider their decision to leave
- Ensure access to the knowledge retained by former employees
- Settle reference issues
- Use metrics to continually improve offboarding results
To view the full list of employee offboarding benefits outlined by the ATD, please click here.
The information included in this blog post originally appeared in an article from TD Magazine in July 2019 written by John Sullivan.