Professional Negotiating and Influencing Skills
This course will provide participants with the skills needed to negotiate agreements that benefit everyone involved, from the customer to the employee to the entire organization.
Participants will learn how to identify the critical factors associated with successful negotiating and influencing in their approach, preparation, and navigation of every business interaction. Throughout the session, participants focus on planning for their own business negotiations, brainstorming options with other participants, and practicing negotiation strategies. To ensure participants grasp and apply the new concepts and skills, this training utilizes a variety of interactive training methods and tools that enable review and easy application back on the job.
Who Should Attend This Course:
- Both managers and staff who participate in the negotiation process
What This Course Covers:
During this session, participants will learn to:
- Determine when the situation requires selling and influencing skills vs. consultative and transactional skills
- Apply techniques for active listening, with a focus on spotting the areas of need, as well as the areas one must overcome to secure the sale
- Analyze the customer’s point of view to gain perspective and knowledge
- Establish a negotiating and influencing mindset in all business interactions
- Redirect negative responses or objections to maintain a consultative approach
- Utilize planning tools to prepare for negotiating success – in the moment
- Generate alternatives that satisfy the requirements of the negotiation and relationship goals
- Develop a negotiating strategy that results in a mutually beneficial agreement – a win-win scenario
HOW TO SCHEDULE YOUR TRAINING:
All classes are available to be scheduled as private sessions for your firm. Course content and duration may be customized depending on client needs.
Have questions? We’re here to help. Reach out to us at (800) 307-5513 or email us at Training@OperationsInc.com.
Our Training Team will travel to all 50 states, as well as internationally, to provide our world-class training services.