Presentation Skills and Public Speaking Essentials
The focus of this practical hands-on course is on presentation skills and public speaking essentials, allowing participants to become more comfortable with the public speaking experience. In addition, participants will learn how to be able to ensure that every presentation achieves the objectives set, whether they are to inform, persuade, or “make the sale.”
This program is ideal for both meetings with staff, as well as for internal and external presentations, allowing participants time to concentrate on public speaking, overcome fears, and better cope with nerves. In addition, the curriculum focuses on overall presentation skills training including design, preparation, delivery methods, and techniques.
Who Should Attend This Course:
- Anyone who is required to speak or make presentations, either internally or in a public setting
- Individuals who are not comfortable with public speaking
What This Course Cover:
Through feedback and additional practice tied in part to a pre-training exercise whereby each student will prepare for a PowerPoint presentation for use in the training session, participants will learn to:
- Set the stage and build interest with opening remarks
- Build confidence through rehearsing and familiarizing techniques
- Understand how to manage and control the timing of a presentation
- Determine how to organize points for maximum interest and effect
- Enable audience participation and interaction through questions and answers
- Utilize the appropriate words, pace, and tone of voice for different situations
- Create effective talking points to support the visual presentation
- Choose the right media and visuals to add value to the theme or message
- Gain confidence through preparation and a high level of comfort with the process
HOW TO SCHEDULE YOUR TRAINING:
All classes are available to be scheduled as private sessions for your firm. Due to the unique nature of these sessions, which include role playing and presentations, we strictly limit class size to a maximum of 8 students.
Course content and duration may be customized depending on client needs.
Have questions? We’re here to help. Reach out to Lisa Johnson, VP, Training & Development Services, at 203-595-4260 or email us at Training@OperationsInc.com.
Our Training Team will travel to all 50 states, as well as internationally, to provide our world-class training services.