Performance Management Training
This course is designed to provide participants with the skills and knowledge needed to effectively plan and evaluate performance to help ensure that employees are being utilized effectively.
In this dynamic session, participants will learn techniques and strategies for how to determine the severity of a performance problem, identify causes, approach employees, conduct effective feedback sessions, explain the impact of problematic behavior, address negative employee responses, and respond to employee reactions. Participants will also learn how to document and use information about an employee’s performance, and conduct a follow-up meeting with an employee.
Who Should Attend This Course:
- Managers and supervisors who want to improve their skills in motivating and encouraging employees through effective goal setting, coaching, feedback, and evaluation and review discussions
What This Course Covers:
Through a blend of lecture, group discussion, and highly interactive activities, participants will learn to:
- Understand the purpose, benefits, and requirements of the performance management process
- Use “SMART” criteria in goal setting and develop performance expectations
- Address performance deficiencies in constructive ways to avoid discouragement or defensiveness
- Reinforce correct performance or behavior so that it is continually repeated
- Understand legal requirements around the performance management process
- Avoid common performance evaluation errors in the employee review process
- Determine which performance evaluation method(s) will best serve the needs of the employee and the organization
- Conduct an effective performance review discussion while also adhering to legal guidelines
HOW TO SCHEDULE YOUR TRAINING:
All classes are available to be scheduled as private sessions for your firm. Course content and duration may be customized depending on client needs.
Have questions? We’re here to help. Reach out to Lisa Johnson, VP, Training & Development Services, at 203-595-4260 or email us at Training@OperationsInc.com.
Our Training Team will travel to all 50 states, as well as internationally, to provide our world-class training services.