Management Skills for the New Manager or Supervisor
This comprehensive and fast-paced course provides participants with answers to questions new managers often have at the start of their management career, including:
- How to build a successful team
- How to prioritize new management responsibilities
- How to effectively communicate with staff and new boss
This course will provide participants with all the essential concepts and skills that a new and/or emerging manager needs to be a highly professional and effective leader.
Who Should Attend This Course:
- Managers and supervisors with little or no previous formal management training
- High potential “stars” at a staff level who are being groomed for a future role in management
What This Course Covers:
Through a blend of lecture, group discussion, and hands-on highly interactive activities, participants will learn to:
- Differentiate between “managing” and “leading”
- Effectivelyy transition from staff to management – setting expectations
- Set “SMART” goals as a new manager and for staff:
- Delegate effectively
- Give constructive feedback—both positive and negative
- Facilitate conflict resolution among staff
- Understand the work style differences among different generations
- Establish trust and credibility while building team culture
HOW TO SCHEDULE YOUR TRAINING:
All classes are available to be scheduled as private sessions for your firm. Course content and duration may be customized depending on client needs.
Have questions? We’re here to help. Reach out to us at (800) 307-5513 or email us at Training@OperationsInc.com.
Our Training Team will travel to all 50 states, as well as internationally, to provide our world-class training services.