How to Effectively Communicate in Today’s Workplace
Communication skills are critical in all walks of life, but communicating effectively in the workplace is critical to professional success. This course is designed to help participants improve their communication skills in their interactions with colleagues, subordinates, managers, customers, and vendors. Participants will learn the importance of analyzing one’s audience in order to appropriately address them in different workplace settings. Participants will also engage in interactive exercises and practice using a variety of communication tools and mediums such as email, phone, meetings, speaking/presentation skills, letters/memos, and non-verbal forms of communication like body language and active listening.
Who Should Attend This Course:
- All business professionals who are interested in enhancing their fundamental communication skills to improve their workplace relationships, productivity, and results
What This Course Covers:
Through a blend of lecture, group discussion, and interactive hands-on activities, participants will learn to:
- Develop an awareness and understanding of communication methods, mediums, and levels in a workplace setting
- Overcome barriers and misunderstandings to successful communication
- Promote positive workplace characteristics such as being cooperative, respecting authority, handling criticism, doing quality work, and being enthusiastic and flexible
- Understand common stereotypes about non-verbal behavior, or “interpreting body language,” that hinder effective communication
- Match the appropriate method and style of communication to the audience
- Learn proper phone and email communication principles
- Build active listening and questioning skills
HOW TO SCHEDULE YOUR TRAINING:
All classes are available to be scheduled as private sessions for your firm. Course content and duration may be customized depending on client needs.
Have questions? We’re here to help. Reach out to us at (800) 307-5513 or email us at Training@OperationsInc.com.
Our Training Team will travel to all 50 states, as well as internationally, to provide our world-class training services.