Diversity and Sensitivity in the Workplace for Management
This interactive session is designed to empower our students to embrace diversity in the workplace through understanding and respecting others’ differences, as well as increase awareness of tolerance and sensitivity. Through open and candid discussion and activities, this course will explore and assess behavior, personal biases, assumptions, and stereotypes. Upon completion of this session, participants will be better equipped to identify and address sensitive situations, more cohesively manage a diverse team, and reduce the potential of discrimination-related issues and liabilities.
Who Should Attend This Course:
- Members of management at all levels who want to learn how to effectively deal with diversity and sensitivity issues at work
What This Course Covers:
Through this course, participants will learn to:
- Define “Diversity”, “Sensitivity,” and “Inclusion,” and their impact in the workplace
- Comprehend all factors related to diversity including gender, race, language, culture, age, differing physical ability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, appearance, class, socioeconomic status, educational background, and job experience
- Understand false assumptions to help overcome personal biases and prejudice
- Review the components of the law at play, including Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Learn how to approach, discuss, and value differences to appropriately address workplace conflict
- Explore how embracing diversity and inclusion in the workplace can affect bottom-line business results
HOW TO SCHEDULE YOUR TRAINING:
All classes are available to be scheduled as private sessions for your firm. Course content and duration may be customized depending on client needs.
Have questions? We’re here to help. Reach out to Lisa Johnson, VP, Training & Development Services, at 203-595-4260 or email us at Training@OperationsInc.com.
Our Training Team will travel to all 50 states, as well as internationally, to provide our world-class training services.