Diversity, Sensitivity, Harassment, and Respect in the Workplace
This interactive session is designed to enable participants to embrace diversity through understanding and respecting others’ differences, and to increase awareness of tolerance, sensitivity, and respect in the workplace.
This session will also introduce the issue of Harassment Awareness and Prevention, covering the laws in place and the importance of the perspective of the victim vs. the intent of the source. Through open and candid discussion and activities, we will explore and assess behavior, personal biases, assumptions, and stereotypes. Upon completion of this session, participants will be better equipped to identify and address sensitive situations more cohesively and reduce the potential of discrimination related issues and liabilities.
Who Should Attend This Course:
- Employees who want to learn how to effectively deal with diversity and sensitivity issues at work.
- Due to the nature of this training, there is a maximum capacity of 18 participants per session.
What This Course Covers:
Through a blend of lecture, group discussion, and interactive hands-on activities, participants will learn to:
- Define “Sexual and Other Forms of Harassment,” “Diversity,” “Sensitivity,” and “Inclusion”
- Describe what an inclusive workplace looks like and its benefits to all employees and to the organization
- Identify all factors of diversity including gender, race, language, culture, age, differing physical ability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, appearance, class, socioeconomic status, educational background, and job experience
- Understand the role false assumptions play in personal biases and prejudice
- List the components of the law at play including Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Identify strategies to approach, discuss, and value differences to appropriately address workplace conflict
- Explain the business case for diversity and understand how embracing diversity and inclusion in the workplace can affect bottom-line business results
HOW TO SCHEDULE YOUR TRAINING:
All classes are available to be scheduled as private sessions for your firm. Course content and duration may be customized depending on client needs. To see if this class is currently being offered, please visit our events calendar.
Have questions? We’re here to help. Reach out to us at (800) 307-5513 or email us at Training@OperationsInc.com.
Our Training Team will travel to all 50 states, as well as internationally, to provide our world-class training services.