How to Select the Right Candidate
Better Hires and Candidate Selection via Behavioral Interviewing Techniques
Successful employee selection decisions have never been more vital to organizational success. Employers are spending a great amount of time, resources, and money to ensure that the screening, interviewing, and selection processes deliver high-quality candidates who will deliver results for the organization. Despite all of these efforts, poor hiring decisions are still being made, leading to costly turnover and countless other points of business impact. This course is designed to help hiring managers execute a more effective interview and secure more relevant information from candidates, all while driving better hiring decisions.
Who Should Attend This Course:
- Hiring Managers and Supervisors
- HR Management and Staff
- Anyone involved in the candidate selection/interviewing process
What This Course Covers:
Research shows that past behavior and performance is a predictor of what a candidate will do in the future. In this highly interactive course, participants will be introduced to Behavior-based Interviewing. This new interviewing process will help employers collect information on the knowledge, motivations, and behaviors needed to do a job successfully, enabling the interviewer to determine if the candidate is the “right fit” based upon the candidate’s previous experiences and results. This training course will cover strategic and tactful interviewing techniques necessary to select the best candidates for your organization.
Through a blend of lecture, group discussion, role playing exercises, and interactive hands-on activities, participants will learn to:
- Plan the interviewing process
- Focus on job-related behavior in their line of candidate questioning
- Effectively use a candidate’s past behavior to predict future behavior
- Better assess both job fit and fit within the overall organization
- Organize selection elements into a comprehensive system
- Apply effective interviewing skills and techniques
- Avoid the most common interviewing mistakes
- Identify legal considerations when preparing interview questions and conducting the interview
- Make a positive impression on applicants and sell them on the job and the organization
How to Schedule Your Training:
All classes are available to be scheduled as private sessions for your firm. Course content and duration may be customized depending on client needs.
Have questions? We’re here to help. Reach out to Lisa Johnson, VP, Training & Development Services, at 203-595-4260 or email us at Training@OperationsInc.com.
Our Training Team will travel to all 50 states, as well as internationally, to provide our world-class training services.