The focus of this practical hands-on course is on presentation skills and public speaking essentials, allowing the student to become more comfortable with the public speaking experience, in addition to ensuring that every presentation achieves the objectives set, whether they are to inform, persuade or "make the sale".
Whether it is for meetings with staff, internal or external presentations, this program allows participants to concentrate on public speaking, overcome fears and better cope with nerves. In addition, the curriculum focuses on overall presentation skills training including design, preparation, delivery methods and techniques.
Who Should Attend This Course?
- Anyone who is required to speak or make presentations, either internally / within organizations or in a public setting
- Individuals who are not comfortable with public speaking
What Does This Course Cover?
Through feedback and additional practice, tied in part to a pre-training exercise whereby each student will prepare for a PowerPoint presentation for use in the training session, training participants will:
- Learn how to set the stage and build interest with opening remarks
- Build confidence through rehearsing and familiarizing techniques
- Understand how to manage and control the timing of a presentation
- Determine how to organize points for maximum interest and effect
- Enable audience participation and interaction through questions and answers
- Utilize the appropriate words, pace, and tone of voice for different situations
- Create effective talking points to support the visual presentation
- Choose the right media and visuals to add value to the theme or message
- Learn how through preparation to gain confidence and a high level of comfort with the process
How long is this course?
Half-day or full-day sessions are available.
Due to the unique nature of these sessions, which include role playing and presentations, we strictly limit class size to a maximum of 8 students.
How to Register
Click HERE to register for our upcoming open-to-the-public Presentation Skills & Public Speaking training course. This program is also offered on a private basis.
For a full listing of our open-to-the-public courses, please visit our events calendar.
Have questions? We’re here to help. Reach out to Lisa Johnson, Director of Training & Development, at 203-595-4260 or email us at Training@OperationsInc.com.
Our Training Team will travel to all 50 states, as well as internationally, to provide our world-class training services.
Click HERE to return to the Training & Development homepage.