This comprehensive and fast-paced course provides participants with answers to questions new managers often have at the start of their management career such as:
- How to build a successful team
- How to prioritize all their new management responsibilities
- How to effectively communicate with their staff and new boss
This course will provide the student with all the essential concepts and skills that a new and/or emerging manager needs to be a highly professional and effective leader..
Who Should Attend?
- Managers and supervisors with little or no previous formal management training
- High potential “stars” at a staff level who are being groomed for a future role in management
What Does This Course Cover?
Through a blend of lecture, group discussion and hands-on highly interactive activities, participants will learn the following core concepts and application:
- Making the transition from staff to management – setting expectations
- Setting “SMART” goals as new manager and for staff:
- Delegating effectively
- Giving constructive feedback both positive and negative
- Helping resolve conflicts with staff
How long is this course?
A half-day session (4 hours total)
How to Register
All classes are available to be scheduled as private sessions for your firm with some classes being offered on an open to the public basis. To see if this class is currently being offered, please visit our events calendar.
Have questions? We’re here to help. Reach out to Lisa Johnson, Director of Training & Development, at 203-595-4260 or email us at Training@OperationsInc.com.
Our Training Team will travel to all 50 states, as well as internationally, to provide our world-class training services.
Click HERE to return to the Training & Development homepage.