Preparing for Year-End in HR
As the end of the year approaches, it is important for those who own the HR function to look back on the previous months and take stock of what they have completed and what still is left to be done. The last 8 weeks of the year can be overwhelming in HR, given all the time-sensitive items that get addressed and the one-time events and projects one has to manage. We can help you prepare your checklist now for the critical two month period at the end of the year.
In this fast moving and highly informational webinar, we will cover in concise, simple terms:
- Benefits Renewal – A review of the various steps, areas of consideration, and ideal timeline for planning to address plan renewals.
- Open Enrollment – Best practices when administering a smooth and organized process for educating employees, including gathering all required paperwork.
- Bonuses and Increases – Establishing and executing a timeline for securing the needed information that will deliver these on time and in sync with goals and objectives.
- Payroll for Year-End – Establishing a plan for the additional time needed to process compensation changes, updates to benefit expenses, resetting 401k, bonuses, etc.
- Time Off Management – Tips for ensuring that time off accrued by your employees is taken, minimum staffing levels are achieved at all times, and carryovers are at a minimum.
- Preparing for Turnover – Steps to take if your firm pays bonuses only to those who stay for bonus payday and the resulting potential of resignations.
- Analyzing the Calendar – Timeline planning that considers 9 weeks filled with time off due to holidays and vacations.