Maintaining a Harassment-Free Workplace
Few areas of employment law have a greater potential for catastrophic damage to your business than issues surrounding harassment in the workplace. The laws are fairly clear, yet the interpretation of actions and how the law applies is not. Further, your management team carries a huge burden when it comes to recognizing possible harassment, handling complaints and overall policing what happens in your workplace environment. So what steps can you take to ensure that the risks are limited and the issues addressed?
Spend an hour with us and we’ll teach you some tricks and techniques.
In this fast moving and highly informational webinar we will cover in concise, simple terms:
- What the Law Says – A summary review of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- What the Law Means– What the employer’s responsibilities are when it comes to maintaining a workplace free of harassment.
- Behaviors that Could Constitute Harassment– Specific examples of behavior that the courts have deemed harassment.
- What Your Policy Needs to Say– Key components that should be present in a solid harassment policy.
- Case Review –A discussion about some key cases and their outcomes that serve as examples to drive your actions and firm’s behavior.
- Best Practices in Managing Harassment –A review of what your firm should do to prevent issues and/or to address a claim