When information needs to be communicated quickly, there is no better way than by e-mail. Unfortunately, with the benefit of speed comes some problems that aren’t always predictable unless employees are forewarned. This e-mail etiquette webinar will help employees learn the appropriate use of e-mail while at work, as well as behaviors they must vigorously avoid.
In this fast moving and highly informational webinar, we will cover in concise, simple terms:
- The When – Instances when sending e-mail is necessary and appropriate.
- CC, BCC, and Out of Office – Occasions to use courtesy copy (CC) and blind copy (BCC) when addressing e-mail messages, and how to use the Out of Office message.
- The What – Items that should and should not be sent electronically from the workplace.
- Subject Lines – Creating subject lines that accurately describes the content of the message.
- Common Mistakes – Identifying the common mistakes people make when constructing an e-mail message and the implications of “flaming” messages.
- The Visuals – The visual components that enhance an e-mail message and make for easy reading.
- Attachments – When they are necessary and how to explain them.